Crimes against food- ha ha

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Goose and Fig, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I was looking for a new Manhattan Clam Chowder recipe and found this:

1939 - In February 1939, a bill was introduced by Assemblyman Seeder to the Maine legislature to make it a statutory and culinary offense to put tomatoes into chowder.

Apparently the New England/ New York rivalry wasn't just about baseball [​IMG]

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I would have voted for that!

[​IMG]

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    [​IMG] - You know your history

4. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

I can attest to that I grew up in New England. Don't go anywhere in New England and order Mahattan clam chowder. It gets ugly. [​IMG]

Bluemoon

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I knew that law. It is also against the law to swim on dry land in Santa Ana.

6. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    I would totally have to agree with that, when my hubby and I went on our honeymoon we decided to go to this super fancy restaurant near the ocean and we ordered clam chowder (the house specialty) It was the nastiest thing we had EVER tasted. Sorry all you Manhattan lovers out there! [​IMG]

7. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    Did you find the recipe you wanted? If not I have a good recipe for Manhatten style clam chowder. Its a bit involved and lengthy but its the best one I have ever eaten . If you would like it let me know and I can either post it or email it to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by