Crippled Chick

Do you mean it is lying on its back? Turn it the right way up and let it rest. You could also try dipping it' beak in sugar water or electrolyte water for an energy boost. Sometimes they are very weak after a difficult hatch. Can you post a pic of the chick?

0425181708a.jpg
0425181715a.jpg

Do you mean it is lying on its back? Turn it the right way up and let it rest. You could also try dipping it' beak in sugar water or electrolyte water for an energy boost. Sometimes they are very weak after a difficult hatch. Can you post a pic of the chick?
It is laying on Its back, when I turn it over, it puts itself back on its back because it is unable to hold its head up and it acts like it's in pain

Attachments

• 0425181708a.jpg
    0425181708a.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 0425181715a.jpg
    0425181715a.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 7
Oh no, that chick doesn't look good. :(

I'm not sure what you can do for it besides see if it gets stronger on its own. Maybe someone else can advise something?

Poor little fella. In cases like this, supportive care might be of help. Try to support her between two objects what will keep her upright. Carefully try to get a liquid vitamin supplement in her-sometimes a dose of B vitamins help these birds get upright. There are so many things that can go wrong during chick development that I'm truly amazed they get out of the shell. Occasionally nature does go wrong and these things happen. Give her lots of supportive care and if she does not improve in three days it might be best to end her suffering. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom