Critique my Black CM

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Lkanawha, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Lkanawha

Lkanawha Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2012
    Nokesville, VA
    I am such a novice. Have had chickens for 10 years--layers. Saw the BCM and fell in love. At present I have a Black CM roo and 5 hens; plus a Blue CM and 3 hens. I lean toward the blues, but before I make any decisions, I need those of you who are experienced to critique my roo and blue hens. My blue roo is a "no-go" because he's nasty and has white in his tail feather. The Black is from the Wade Jean line...supposedly; and the Blues are from Mari Krebs...supposedly. I've read a lot about the Wade Jean line but I have not found anything about the Mari Krebs line. The eggs from all 8 hens are deep, deep brown/red; egg coloring on both accounts are fantastic. All of them, except for the Blue roo, are as sweet as they can be.

As you can hopefully see, my 3 Blue CM hens are 3 different shades of blue. Even though you can't tell very well on the darker one, she does have the copper/brown feathers around her neck and head. My Black CM roo likes the Blue hens better as you can tell by their missing feather on their back near their tails! I do let them run together and have had one hatching with 2 more incubators going. They all will be a year old in mid-October. I hatched them from purchased eggs.

I would appreciate any and all feedback before I make my decision as to which way I'd like to go.

Thank all of you in advance.

.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lkanawha

Lkanawha Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2012
    Nokesville, VA
    BTW, the brown eggs under my name aren't from the Marans!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by