Critique my coop, please

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Ed62, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Ed62

Ed62 Chillin' With My Peeps

Since I'm still struggling a little with posting pics, you will have to visit my page to see the pics. Haven't figured out how to put them in a post yet. Thanks very much for your time, and any feedback.

Ed

2. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    I FINALLY learned...and it was quite confusing at first.

You click on uploads....above.
    Click the brouse button.
    Find the pictures you want in your computer and then click upload

Once you get them in your uploads then you click on the img thing below the picture and copy paste to the thread you want them in.

try one....

3. FiveHens

FiveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Awesome! I like how it's built right onto the house. It looks nice and roomy, too...I don't know how many chickens you have...
    It looks good! Happy chickens! [​IMG]

4. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

It looks great, Ed. One thing you might consider is getting some black-plastic 2'x3'x9" concrete mixing boxes from Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, (wherever) to put under your roost. Keep some wood shavings and food-grade diatomaceous earth in it, and you'll only have to dump it into your compost bin about once a month. Sure cuts down on cleaning. See My BYC Page.

5. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Great job!

6. Mtn Cur

Mtn Cur Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Seymour, Tn
    Looks good. One thing to consider....... the wood used as an overhang either needs to be shingled or put metal flashing over it. Or, take it down and just make a over hang out of flashing. Just the wood being up there won't last long, even though it's been painted.

Personally I would take it down and bend some flashing so rain will run away from the coop. And make it a little longer so it is wider than your window. If water gets behind your window trim, it's coming in your coop. Other than that good job.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  7. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    Wow, looks fab!!

8. Ed62

Quote:Aha! Thanks for the quick lesson.

Ed

9. Ed62

Quote:I actually have a few of those, only a little smaller. That's one thing I've been struggling with, and you've provided a good option for me. There are currently 4 pieces of vinyl siding on the floor, serving that purpose. But that's not working out as well as I hoped. Thanks.

Ed

10. Ed62

Quote:Thanks for the suggestion. Something else to think about.

Ed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by