Critique of my Bok Boks

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Stormhorse23, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    What do you think about he quality of my Barred Rock pullet and my Buff Brahma. Good enough to place at fair? What are their faults? Personally, I think they are beautiful, but I couldnt critique my own birds. [​IMG] . I wrote what I see wrong under each bird's name. I don't really know what I'm looking for...

Angel
    1. Tail too low
    2.Wings look really high to me
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Big Mama
    1. Needs to be more compact
    2. Too much black on the end of her wings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  2. Stormhorse23

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    nobody wants to look? well then...I thought they were pretty.

3. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    nice birds!

4. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I think they are pretty but I know nothing about the Barred Rock body type and even less about Brahma's. [​IMG]

5. newbiecaroline

newbiecaroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2008
    Alberta
    Stormhorse! I like what I see so far....but the pics are huge on my screen!!! is it me?

6. Stormhorse23

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    refresh the page and they get smaller!

7. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    Big mama is beautiful...I love her coloring and the way the black and buff contrast eachother....I am no expert on chickens though..I just know what I like LOL

8. Stormhorse23

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Big mama is beautiful...I love her coloring and the way the black and buff contrast eachother....I am no expert on chickens though..I just know what I like LOL

Thanks. Well, she says thanks! I had her out in her harness today!

Anyway, how far do you guys think she could go as far as competition? I know shes not a show bird, but local shows? Would Big Mama be good for starting out showing Brahmas? I'm very indecisive and I'm stick between brahmas and quail antwerp bantams...any opinions on that? What would I need to look for to breed her to and fix her faults?​

9. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    I know nothing about showing chickens but yours are pretty and I think you should go for it.

10. BJ

BJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2007
    Do you have a Standard of Perfection book? It tells all the qualities of each bird for showing. You can usually check one out at the library if you don't have one. They are expensive to purchase (about $60). It tells everything from eye color to position of wings and also disqualifications for each breed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by