Critique these silkies?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by magicpigeon, Jan 16, 2011.

1. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    I want to know the quality of the stock one of my suppliers has been giving me [​IMG] The partridge is my main concern, after the silkie roo. That black one is in there incidentally. I don't think she is show quality [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Beautiful Fuzzy Butts! I'm no expert on quality, but they are sure very cute! [​IMG]

3. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Do you have a copy of the SOP?? if not, you can read the bearded silkie description at the ASBC site

4. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    You don't mention what your goals are for your silkies. If it is to have pets, then the "quality" of the birds doesn't really matter. If you want to show your birds, then it becomes much more important.

When you go to the American Silkie Bantam Club website, you will see pics of many lovely silkies. For the most part, this is the type and quality of silkie that you will see in most sanctioned shows. In local county fairs, the competition will not be as stiff.

I found that when I was first starting in silkies, I actually did a better job of judging the quality of my birds when I compared them with what birds were winning at major shows.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by