Sign up is NOW OPEN.
PEEK A BOO
Fellow Crocheters to the GHAN SEND OFF SHOWER
we are starting a new thread and hopefully a new trend.
Our Sister Crochet hooker and BYCer Okiemommy is eggspecting.
When we recieved Okiemommy's news the idea was brought up to do a Granny square Baby Afghan for her. From that it has grown into an open community project. Lutheran Chick has gracefully volunteered to put all the squares together and do the the finished edging for this our first Babyghan.
So if you wish to join in the fun please be sure to signup. Sign up is open for how ever long we add new Momma's eggspecting to the list. If you wish to have an eggspecting Momma added to the list Please PM me with details. All New Comers are Welcome
Any and all that crochet or wish to learn are more than welcome.
Momma in waiting List in order of Due Dates
Babyghans will be going out acording to Due Dates
1. swtangel Aiden Ryan arrived @ 3:40 AM Tuesday Jan20th
Babyghan completed , shipped and received
2. Carrie new addition, Blake Allan Brown! He was born on February 3rd.
Babyghan in Assmebly
3. PamsPride baby girl born Jan 24th she was 5 weeks early
Babyghan in Assmebly
4. Asher Baby boy arrived Sunday at 3:17pm weighing 6lbs 13.5oz. He's perfect
Babyghan in Assmebly
5. Okiemommy Baby Ian born on July 15th Babyghan assembled & shipping out
6. Pokey eggspecting a Girl in July
7. Kris41 eggspecting little girl due Aug 28
8. Marebear07 eggspecting a Girl on September 21st
9. risurocket eggspecting a Girl ( Princess squirrel
10. Xtina eggspecting January 13
( brings a total of 10 Babyghans) so far
We are staying with the pattern Okie had chosen http://www.allfreecrafts.com/crochet/baby-blanket.shtml
note ( in this pattern there is 2 type O's as you do 2 chain between clusters on 1st round, 2nd & 3rd round 2 ch only between clusters at corners then 1 ch between the corner and side clusters. and in the 3rd round it states you will have 16 clusters you will have 12 clusters)
I feel the colors should Change for a more netural or Earth Tones. And use a cream color for the sc for joining the squares. [/i] Here is a sample of a square I did to find the size as it was not in the pattern I used a size J hook some have used an F and some G. 3 1/2 inches is the square with a total of 72 squares for the entire afghan.
That means there will be
16 combo colored squares with 3 different colors using a Rose or pink toned color for center cluster.
24 squares solid of one
32 of another color.
It doesn't take long to hook one out. This is for the pattern to be assembled in variation 1 of the pattern combo. . I hope this is not too confusing.
The square picutred here are with the colors I had on hand but this will give you an idea of what is planned for the combo square.
Crocheters don't need to do the sc round. That is for the Assembler to do that round. For the joining You lay two squares together back to back and do a row of sc and then flatten out the squares..the ridge/joining is done that way.That wont work if we add a round of sc to our own squares. Ours should be 3 1/2" with NO sc on it at all. Poor LC (or the Assembler) would be ripping alotout This Made I hope pattern more clear. Thanks Scrambled for the help
I been doing mix and match of what I have recieved. We just have to see how they lay out
So start searching through your yarn stash or jump on that sale of baby soft yarns. I am sure there will be other Babyghans in the future that will be needed after this one is done. Any Squares made with colors of your choice will be used to assemble for these other BYCer's and any left will be held for future Babyghans that may come.
Please if you can include a small note or your tag with each group of 10 or 12 squares so these maybe enclosed with a shower card for the Momma's to place in Baby books for keepsakes. I will PM you all with my address so I can get them packaged to the Assembler be assembled and then sent to the Parents to be. Isn't it eggciting to become New Aunts and Uncles?? I find BYC is One Big wonderful Family.
Our intended signup list will begin as follows:
Whom Title / Descripition of Job # Solids/combos recieved
1 Karanleaf - Karan Organizer combo w/blue solids & baby hat
2. Lutheran Chick - Kay Assembler
3. Scrambled Egg - Darlene Crocheter squares & 1 pair of booties
6. Mangled - Emily Crocheter/ Assembler out of commission due to injury
7. WildSky Crocheter squares of combo & solids & 1 adorable hat
6. FrChuckW Crocheter ??? PMing to see if still in
7. Skand Crocheter/ Assembler Pretty Mix&Match
8. Queen Scoot Crocheter Out Camping
9. AmyQuilt Crocheter Mix & Match
10. OzarkHen Crocheter /Assembler solids & Adorable Booties
11. Coffeelady3 Crocheter/Assmebler combo & solids
12. Blossomhen Crocheter combo & solids
13. TB1 - Teri Crocheter ??? PMing to see if still in
14. arabookworm Crocheter ??? PMing to see if still in
15. Algopurple Crocheter / Assembler
16. NoChicksHere Crocheter Pretty mix & Match
17. chickenlover50010 Crocheter
18. Kgee Crocheter
If I missed getting anyone on the list please PM me, I don't mean to over look anyone.
While waiting you may want to visit all of us crocheters Chat and on the Spring Swap thread. Plenty of chatting, laughing and always loads of help with crocheting questions. And great friends to make. Stop by and see us.