Crochet chicken!

black_cat

I got a puppy!!!!
Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
So I crocheted a chicken! I haven't really experimented with feather colors to go with specific breeds, but any solid color breed would be pretty easy. I could also change comb and wattle size to make it look more like a hen, but I'm happy with this as a base item. Breeds that would be hardest would probably be anything else with complicated feather patterns, like laced wyandottes and barred rocks.
unnamed (1).jpg

black_cat

I got a puppy!!!!
Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
*I forgot to mention: yes I know it's sitting, and chickens don't really sit. It's just the way it's being held lol

black_cat

I got a puppy!!!!
Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
Nice job. He is adorable. You could incorporate some of that featherie yarn...is it called eyelash yarn?
That's a great idea, I never thought of that! I don't currently have any, but I'll get some at some point and try it out.

Xouie

Crowing
Jun 11, 2020
SF Bay Area
Since you’re an accomplished.... well, crocheter, have you thought about making brooder buddies? The chicken design might be good for quail chicks. A bigger one for chicken chicks.

black_cat

I got a puppy!!!!
Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
Since you’re an accomplished.... well, crocheter, have you thought about making brooder buddies? The chicken design might be good for quail chicks. A bigger one for chicken chicks.
It's an idea! For lone chicks or just for fun?

Top Bottom