1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

CROCHET HELP PLEAASE

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by kelliepulido, Dec 21, 2008.

1. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    well I am not a crafting person and I am trying to teach myself crochet.I have the slip stich down pat which was no easy task for me,and the basic chain stitch but how do I add a second row now?I jusst want to do the chain stitch but it seems you have to do another simple crochet stitch all the way back but it is not simple for me and I can't figure it out...

2. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
  3. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] How're you doing and feeling about it now? Its like a flower, you are in the budding stage and soon will blossum...

4. kelliepulido

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    ok I figured out the foundation chain and the sc stitch.Now 1 more question;on my first row with the 1st sc stitch I picked up loop 2 in the chain with my hook do I always go to the 2nd loop all the way back on my first row? I have done 3 rows like that always picking up every other loop but each row looks a bit shorter so I am wondering if maybe I only should have picked up the 2nd loop the first time on the first row only?

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:You are correct.

You need a chain on the end to keep the work the same width, and start working into the first loop/stitch.
    most patterns will say CH1 turn, so you will have an extra chain made at the start of the next row.

If you're using different stitches sometimes a pattern will call for you to chain a few and then work your stitch in the next chain/loop.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  6. kelliepulido

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    ok thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by