Crochet Questions!!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by ninny, Feb 16, 2009.

1. ninny

ninny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    Does anyone know how to turn a knit pattern into a crochet pattern?

And could i get tips on ripples. I can't get make them ripple i'm following the pattern but its flat. Ugh.

Does anybody have patterns for chicken stuffies or fillet patterns? I would really like to make some tapestries.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  2. karanleaf

karanleaf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    Glenwood, Missouri
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  3. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Quote:If you are looking for a crochet ripple pattern, here's the one I use:

http://www.craftown.com/cropat26.htm

I do make mine with my own colors, different striping patterns as I want to do them.

This pattern comes out somewhat narrow. I add extra chains to the width so I get a wider afghan. If I have too many chains at the end, I just weave them into the afghan when I weave in the yarn ends. I usually do 32 and it gives me an extra ripple in the width.

HTH!

4. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Tat is a difficult one to explain,maybe someone else can explain it to you.

as forthe ripples, I am assuming that you have a pattern that has like a frill at the edge and that is formed by creating a lot of stitches or chains on a small outlet, then they will be forced to ripple.

This will probably sound dreadful and not at all clear.

if you have one space to place a ripple, and you make 6 chains into that space, it will create a frill as long as your next stitches or chains are close, so if it is failing to ripple, then I assume you have too much space between your fans.

Sorry the more I write the less this makes sense.

Hope someone can help you. I could show you in a minute.... must get that scanner working. or the webcam.... good luck.

Jena.

5. ninny

ninny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    Quote:I would be im afraid it would get lost.

Im working on the heart ripple afghan from crochet world.

6. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Whoops....maybe I was thinking the wrong thing with ripples....I thought you were talking about ripple afghans....were you talking about ripples as in ruffles?

7. karanleaf

Jun 29, 2008
    Glenwood, Missouri
    Quote:I would be im afraid it would get lost.

Im working on the heart ripple afghan from crochet world.

No we won't let ya get lost .. [​IMG] We are a pretty close knitt group [​IMG] kinda speakin [​IMG] Jump in the water is fine [​IMG]

[​IMG] Karan

8. skand

skand Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Odessa, Tx
    lol We wont lose ya in the shuffle, we only shuffle to make room for more friends!
    Its a small corner, but there's always room for more on the crochet chat thread! [​IMG]

9. karanleaf

Jun 29, 2008
    Glenwood, Missouri
    Thanks Sk [​IMG] and Amy [​IMG] . We are all friends in the crochet corner. The door is always open [​IMG]

[​IMG] Karan

10. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Yes, you certainly are welcome to come chat in the crochet thread, consider yourself invited by the whole clan!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by