1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Crock Pot Ckicken

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by NYboy, Feb 28, 2012.

1. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    I like the idea of diner cooking while at work.. 3 times I tryed making chicken in crock pot. All 3 times the chicken turned to mush!! I cook it on low while at work about 11 hours. Any way of cooking chicken in crock pot without it falling apart and turning into mush?

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    For me that is one of the perks! The only chicken I eat are the ones I raise myself, and I only try to crockpot the older ones that might be a little tough cooked by another method. The "falling-off-the-bones" tender is what I am looking for.

Does your regular oven have a cook timer? I use it sometimes to cook a meal, although 11 hours is a LONG time to have it waiting. If I am going to be leaving the house early afternoon and want dinner ready by 6-7, I will prepare the meal in the morning, then put it in the oven at 1pm, set the time to turn the oven on at 4 and cook for 2 hours and it will turn off and keep it warm until we are home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by