crocked lips

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by oldorchardfarms, Nov 14, 2011.

1. oldorchardfarms

oldorchardfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2011
    woodstock
    ok so I just have to share this because this chicken was my BABY i loved her to pieces and she acted like a dog, her name is the title and here goes the short, happy and sad story of this little rir chicken.....

I had ran out of horse feed so i told my dh we had to pick some up when we went to town that afternoon. Upon arriving at the local tsc I feel in love with the straight run chicks they had there so my wonderful dh bought 20, just to have around the farm.

After a few weeks i noticed one little one was all by herself so i brought her in and noticed she had a crocked beak, but she ate fine. Everyone kept telling me she would die soon not to waste my time on her. But as strong head as i was i did spend my time on her and she was doing great, as she got older she would come in the house to chase my dog away from his food dish to eat HIS FOOD. And followed me around like a little dog would. Every morning i think she would be the one to wake my rooster up by pecking at my sliding glass door wanting to come in for her morning search of the dog food.

One day i woke up late and wondering why my little girl was not pecking at my door, so i went to the door and looked around and found her laying in her box (aka chicken house my dh made for her) so i picked my weak little girl up and brought her inside and put her next to the food dish and she wanted nothing to do with it. So i stayed home that day once again trying to nurse this baby back to health after many long trying hours she finally passed away peacefully on my lap wrapped all up in blankets watching the tv show reba. [​IMG]

I will miss this little girl and she will always be in my heart. I did have several pictures of me and her as she grew up but some how i
    can not find my memory card with them. I know she is happy up in chicken heaven watching over me stealing her dog food as she always would

RIP CROCKED LIPS mommy loves you [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I'm sorry you lost her. She sounds like she was special.

Imp

3. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Sorry for your loss her too, my crocked beak hen still lives today but it could have been very heart breaking if I'd lost her reading this story. [​IMG]

4. oldorchardfarms

oldorchardfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2011
    woodstock
    Thank you, yes she was very special to me as all my birds are but she was a 1 in a million chickens.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Sounds like she was treated like a queen. Sorry you lost her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by