1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Crook neck returning after months? Is that even possible?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mudpaw, Nov 24, 2010.

1. mudpaw

mudpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    West Point, GA
    I have a little pullet (she's about 4-5 months old) who has crook/wry/twisted neck as a chick. I gave her vitamins and soon she was back 100% normal. The last week or two I've noticed she's holding her tail at an angle as if she's trying to keep her balance and her head is held more to one side at times (but not twisted). She also seems to be hanging back just a little from the group some days. Is it possible for the crook neck to come back like this ? or should I be worried something else is wrong. I really bonded with her when she was a chick and we had to treat her neck, I really don't want to lose her :C

EDIT: Forgot to list her breed, she's a Maran.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Is it a Silkie? My sister's favorite little Silkie rooster has had wry neck come back a couple of times. He's almost a year old and he does fine, she just treats as needed.

3. mudpaw

mudpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    West Point, GA
    nope...I should have stated her breed before-She's a Maran.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by