Crooked breast/neck?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Polski, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Polski

Polski Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2013
    I don't think this is a huge problem because my duckling hasn't had a crooked neck exactly, but the fat lumpy right under the neck in front of him appears crooked. He's eight days old on unmedicated starter, with constant access to water and food. Today my mum noticed the fat lump seems crooked but it's our first time having a duck. I actually don't know if it stores fat.... But that's how I've been designating it. Lol.

I don't necessary think it's a huge problem because he runs around, eats, drinks, but you can tell one side is more rounded and it storing more. I'd rather be safe than sorry, but this is a new development in his.... Development. Thanks in advance, guys!

[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] That's just his crop filled with feed. The fact that it is larger towards one side is completely normal. Don't worry. He is fine.

3. Polski

Polski Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2013
    Good! That's kind of similar to what I thought, but my mum really wanted to make sure everything is fine. Anytime with a new pet it's better to make sure! I remember when I first started having tarantulas I had to consult people about weird tarantula stuff that ended up being normal... (Some have a web dance while eating, for instance. Lol).

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by