Crooked Comb? Now with PICTURES!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by LittleYellowOne, Nov 6, 2008.

1. LittleYellowOne

LittleYellowOne Chillin' With My Peeps

This isn't really an emergency per se, just something I'm a little bit worried about...

I just had my Silkie cockerel (almost 6 months of age) out and on my lap, giving him his daily once over, when I realized that his comb is kind of crooked. I can push it into the position it's supposed to be, but it won't stay there, and he isn't very happy about it when I do so~

Is this a sign of some medical problem? He's acting and looking normally, it's just almost like his comb is "bigger" on one side than the other.... Or is it just a "quirk" of his, like his incorrect coloring~?

Also, should I be worried about it impeding his ability to breathe...? It IS kind of big...

Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

ETA: Pictures of him looking straight ahead with some assistance [​IMG] Can you see how the one side (right in the picture) kinda tapers in where the left side doesn't?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  2. LittleYellowOne

LittleYellowOne Chillin' With My Peeps

So it's suppooooosed to look like that? Well that's a relief, even if it DOES look kinda gross~ [​IMG]

3. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    They have combs called walnut combs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by