1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

CROOKED DUCK???

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Littleducky, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Littleducky

Littleducky Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2008
    La Center, Wa
    I have some wood duckings that are about 4 weeks old. Up untill a couple of days ago all looked good. Then......

I have one duckling that looks like it is crooked. His neck almost comes up out of the side of his body. I tried to get a good pic but he wasn't having it. This was the best that I could get.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?? Will he be ok. He seems to keep up with the other just fine.

2. Littleducky

Apr 9, 2008
    La Center, Wa
    [​IMG]

3. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Your post name made me think of the children's song...'there was a crooked man, who had a crooked cat'

It may be some sort of nutritional deficiency?? especially since it's just now manifesting itself.

Anyone else have a guess as to what this could be?

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Could be an injury or it might be nutritional. You can try putting brewers yeast on the feed to up the niacin.
    Or try giving 2 drops of Poly Vi Sol twice a day to see if it helps.
    As wood ducks are a protected wild duck, I have never raised one as I am not licensed, but I would think the basics of duck care are the same.

5. Littleducky

Apr 9, 2008
    La Center, Wa
    I am not sure how long it has been there?? When I go out to see them they all huddle up together and I haden't really noticed it. I will try the suggestions. I hope he gets better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by