Crooked toes to crooked leg?? :( help / suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by coffeefanatic3462, May 29, 2008.

1. coffeefanatic3462

coffeefanatic3462 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2008
    My one rooster had the funky, broken looking toe problem going on. But now, his one leg is sticking out weird i guess..so he walks really funny..sort of waddles around [​IMG] it is soo sad to watch..is there anything i can do to help my poor chicken? I thought of maybe trying to put band aides on his feet with cardboard on the bottom to help him with the toes, but now his leg is really really bad. Suggestions anyone?

oh and does anyone remember the website where you could buy the cell salts for crooked beaks? i need taht too...my one chicken has a bad crooked beak and follows me around a lot. we have a plan dish in there for her to scoop but i'm afraid that she's not able to eat that well.

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I just now posted this in another thread

You might try taping the toes straight on a shoe.
    I usually use stiff cardboard or an old credit card. I trace around the foot and cut it out. (you don't need to go between the toes, just like a sole of a shoe). Then after it is the right size, I tape the toes on the shoe with medical paper tape.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by