Crooked toes....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Caat, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Caat

Caat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    One of my 5-6 week old chantecler has "crooked toes" she walks around and perches just fine. Are her toes something I should be concerned abt? Will post pics when I get a chance

2. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have a rooster with crooked toes. He has bread with some of my hens and none of his chicks have had crooked toes.

3. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2011
    Antarctica
    It is normal, to a degree, especially if they live on wire floors. Now, if she's having trouble walking, that's a different story...

4. equinelyn

equinelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Southern York County
    My RIR is 10 weeks and has a crooked toe. We named her Noodle lol. But I was told if I caught it as a baby I could have fixed it but it's prob too late now. This pic was when she was 5 weeks old. It's bent a little more now but she walks fine.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  5. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I have a chicken with crooked toes too. She is now 15 weeks old. She has always been the smallest and I am not sure why. Here is a pic of her toes when she was about 9 weeks.

[​IMG]

She hasn't had any trouble walking or anything. I wonder if I should make her a boot? Is she too old?
    Good luck with your chick.

6. ragerkid2

ragerkid2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    I have a pullet with crooked toes, she is also the smallest and she actually is missing two toenails on each foot.

7. EasterEggersRULE

EasterEggersRULE Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2010
    South Texas
    My aunt has three RIR's with crumpled feet there toes are folded up into masses but they perch and run around fine so no i would not be concerned.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by