crop surgery video

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by BairleaFarm, Jul 18, 2011.

1. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    Ive got this two week old chick who has free ranged with his momma since birth. I noticed he hadnt been drinking. His crop was huge and hard. There is no wat I could afford a vet right now so I operated and cleaned it out. I did it last night and little fella is up and running around today like nothing happened. I thought maybe someone could use the info so I videoed it. Any questions fell free to ask.

2. oxfordethan

oxfordethan Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2011
    [​IMG] that was neat...

3. WilsonAcres

WilsonAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Milton
    That..was..AWESOME! [​IMG]

4. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Yikes, I expect it would be very educational, but I couldn't continue watching it. I just couldn't stand watching the razor going into the chick. I cringed so hard, my eyes closed. [​IMG] Shows how well I do with injuries.

5. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    24 hours or so since the surgery and shes just peeping like she always has.

6. CC1892

CC1892 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    East Coast
    Great job!

7. Erinmir

Erinmir Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2011
    West Alexander, PA
    Thanks for sharing! It was so informative! I am usually extremely squeamish when it comes to any kind of surgery type thing and have been constantly confirming with DH that if we need to do any home-surgery on our birds that he'd do the deed. That looked so easy and relatively painless that I easily watched the whole thing. I feel confident that I'd know what to do if I needed to now. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by