cross beak chick: added questions

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by beb444, Nov 18, 2015.

1. beb444

beb444 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2015
    Northern CA
    ok quick question: Scarlette is less developed then the rest. She has only wings coming in but that's not even complete and the rest have full wings, back, tails, and heads are coming in. She is about the size the rest were when they were just getting their wings in. Could she just be a late bloomer and therefore smaller or is it just that she's not getting enough food to develop? I have more info in the other thread about her(including a picture)

2. JetCat

JetCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2015
    Southeast Alabama
    some start off slow and catch up later, some never do catch up and stay on the small side, some not only catch up but pass the others........it can sometimes be from being bullied out of feeding (you know how kids are to another kid who's a little different), but quiet often it's just how mother nature works.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  3. beb444

beb444 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2015
    Northern CA
    Thank you for all your help and support with Scarlett, trying to help her get healthy and thrive. She died this morning. The poor little thing just couldn't hang on and get enough food. I am so saddened that she didn't make it. She was one of my favorites, if not my favorite. I am so sad[​IMG] I was really rooting for her. Get fat in heaven my sweetie:(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by