Premium Feather Member
Apr 14, 2022
Angleton TX
My Coop
My Coop
Is this cross beak?

Crossbeak1.jpg
Crossbeak2.jpg

I'll be trying that this weekend. Not sure what kinda file to use tho?

I've just gotten her to come to me so I don't have to corner her in the pen. So this weekend as I'll have more help as well.

Last edited:
I'll be trying that this weekend. Not sure what kinda file to use tho?

I've just gotten her to come to me so I don't have to corner her in the pen. So this weekend as I'll have more help as well.
I use a regular emery board nail file to do my crossbeak's beak. It looks like your's might need to be tube fed? Unfortunately I don't know much about that. Is her beak touching the other part of her beak at all?

@JustBabyMargo is more familiar with crossbeaks than me.

I use a regular emery board nail file to do my crossbeak's beak. It looks like your's might need to be tube fed? Unfortunately I don't know much about that. Is her beak touching the other part of her beak at all?

@JustBabyMargo is more familiar with crossbeaks than me.
She can fill her crop but it takes 3xs as long for her to do so. She uses her tongue alot to pickup the soaked chick crumble. Or she kinda scoops with the tip of her beak and gets the food packed there and kinda tongues it out into her mouth. She is getting the food into her self but she starts crying alot because the other chicks are finished and leave and she doesnt like that. I'm going to watch her more to make sure on the feeding and trying some other things to help but if it keeps getting more to the side I don't think I will have the time to help her eat every day if it comes to that. :(

She can fill her crop but it takes 3xs as long for her to do so. She uses her tongue alot to pickup the soaked chick crumble. Or she kinda scoops with the tip of her beak and gets the food packed there and kinda tongues it out into her mouth. She is getting the food into her self but she starts crying alot because the other chicks are finished and leave and she doesnt like that. I'm going to watch her more to make sure on the feeding and trying some other things to help but if it keeps getting more to the side I don't think I will have the time to help her eat every day if it comes to that. :(
It's very good she's able to eat on her own. Is there a possibility that you can separate her and another chick or two in a place so she doesn't get left alone? That way she can take as long as she needs to and not get left alone?

Back
Top Bottom