cross-bred ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Medusa M, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Medusa M

Medusa M Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2012
    Australia - WA-(perth)
    i have many different breeds of duck with me and they are all together and ive been reading that they will all cross breed (not that thats a problem or unwanted) im just wondering what the cross-bred duck will end up looking like ?[​IMG]

the ducks i have with me are
    • indian runners
    • muscovy
    • pekin
    • appleyard
    • khaki campbells
    • welsh harlequins
    • mallard

so if people have had cross-bred ducks it would be great if you could post pictures thanks [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] This spring the Princess and I took a riverboat trip through the Netherlands. Part of each day was spent traveling the countryside and the rest was spent on the river. The canals and rivers are loaded with all sort of mallard crossed ducks. Imagine a color and I saw it. From wild mallard type to all sort of dilutes to pure white to solid blacks it was a rainbow of duck colors. I can see no reason why you might not get the same variety of colors. Any crosses between your muscovies and the mallard derived breeds will be mules.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  3. Medusa M

Medusa M Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2012
    Australia - WA-(perth)
    cool thank-you, i only have one female mallard so hopefully i will get some interesting looking ones from her and i do have quite a few muscovies so i am now expecting alot of mules

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by