1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cross Breed Contest

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenboy95, Dec 13, 2008.

1. chickenboy95

chickenboy95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    This contest is just for fun. I am not going to be giving away any prizes. I love looking at everybodys chickens, they are just the coolest. So post pics of your CROSS BRED!!! chickens. Must include.

1. What it was crossed with.

2. Fun fact.

3. How old.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

This is Olivia. Livvie is almost two years old. She, along with her look-alike sisters, were a happy accident. Kate, Tux and Olivia were supposed to be pure Barred Rocks, but my friend's elderly rooster, a standard Cochin/Silkie cross, wasn't infertile after all, LOL. He sired these three girls then soon after, died of an apparent heart attack. So, my Poufy-Head sisters are Cochin/Silkie x Barred Rock. Livvie was broody this past year for the first time and raised three chicks, one of them my second-in-command BR rooster, Mace. Wouldn't sell these three girls for any amt of money. Livvie has the wildest zig-zag comb of the three.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    1. What it was crossed with. Delaware X lionhead

2. Fun fact. whats not fun about this one??

3. How old. couple months I think, still growing

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. chickenboy95

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    they are beautiful...love them...

5. GPN

GPN Got Pheasants? Nessia

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    the bunny X chicken real?

6. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    No names yet, open to suggestions

1. Silver Laced Wyndotte X mixed Cochin bantams
    2. Purchased these to be lady friends for my one-eyed EE roo, after two weeks he's still afraid of them.
    3. Two months old

[​IMG]

Chick one
    [​IMG]

Chick two
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  7. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    This is a BTW Japeneese and quail antwerp belgiam cross. Probably a second or third generation. Her name is foxy and is my cutest chicken. Fun Fact: I have no idea why she's gold. Around one year old.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  8. chickenboy95

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    they are beautiful

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Marlin, you have to keep females with those male rabbits or they will go after a chicken every time!

10. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:I know but one of them got loose so I ended up hatching a bunch of these, luckily I have slow ducks down by the pond, so the aligator got them and I ended up with this, not sure if its a boy or girl, I havent been able to get close enough to check. but it love to eat those bunnychicks, dont know what I will do when they are all gone. the good thing is it protects all the ducks, guess its not sure which one is MOM????
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by