Cross breed pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ktownjeep, Oct 24, 2007.

1. ktownjeep

ktownjeep Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2007
    I was just sittin here wondering what a silver campine and buff orpington chick would look like!! Can yall post some pics of crossbreeds. Im new to the world of chickens. Its been alot of fun so far.

2. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    These are my Silkie crosses they are crossed with a turken but sadly neither of them got the NN but I do wonder if they would give me any nns.

[​IMG]

Here is my Buff Orpington x New Hampshire Red

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is mom and dad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also have a SLW/BO in the incubator getting fluffy I'll post a pic of it when I take it out.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  3. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    These are my Silkie crosses they are crossed with a turken but sadly neither of them got the NN but I do wonder if they would give me any nns.

The NN is probably heterozygous (1 copy of the NN gene), and neither girl got it. I have the same thing with mine. My NN roo is an F1 showgirl (who turned out ginormous [​IMG]), so not all his chicks necessarily come out with NNs. I have him in a pen with a NN hen that's his grandaughter, and they've made some purdy babies. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by