cross breeding orpingtons with speckled sussex

wayne oliver

Hatching
Mar 10, 2015
I am just getting back into birds again. been thinking of breeding buff Orpington with a speckled sussex. as both breeds have a great nature and the buffs being awesome layers. but does anyone think I am going to have a problem with broodiness in the warmer months as im thinking of doing this to promote urban farming in our area the buffs as I remember rarely brood.

well I went and done it checked out the main heritage breeds that are available in bc and alberta just ordered 50 buff Orpington chicks and 12 Beltsville small white turkeys snow still on the ground brooders set in the basement. coop being built in the shop ordered 600 feet of wire feed is here just waitng now. is anyone on here from bc Canada interior?

I am just getting back into birds again. been thinking of breeding buff Orpington with a speckled sussex. as both breeds have a great nature and the buffs being awesome layers. but does anyone think I am going to have a problem with broodiness in the warmer months as im thinking of doing this to promote urban farming in our area the buffs as I remember rarely brood.
Any updates?

Back
Top Bottom