Cross Country Meet

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 77horses, Sep 15, 2009.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Tomorrow is our first cross country meet of the season! [​IMG] This is my second year of doing it. I also do Track and Field. [​IMG]

But anyway, I'm really excited! Last year I did pretty good. There were like a total of 60+ people running from all kinds of schools around us, and the lowest place I got was 11th place, the best was 2nd(in a relay meet with one kid from each school competing in a race) and my best place was 5th-7th place out of the 60+ kids. Our meets are about 1-2 miles long. Usually 1 1/2 miles.

Does anyone on here do cross country/used to do cross country? Have any advice? I know that I've already done cross country and have had experience, but it's never bad to get useful advice and info, even if you've already heard it before.

Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    [​IMG]

3. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    DS does CC. This is his second year. He ran last year in 8th grade, now he's running in 9th grade. He was supposed to have a meet today, bus left at 2:45. But he and another boy were in biology lab and they didnt announce for the kids to be released and get on the bus. They didnt notice until after 3. So, no meet for him today. [​IMG]

4. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:aw that's too bad. [​IMG]

UPDATE:

Today at the cross country meet, it went well but was a little chilly. For the individual race(7 top runners from each school, 1 at a time from each school compete against each other), I came in 1st place! [​IMG] It was our shortest race, but since I kinda procrastinated on practicing over the summer, I was still really tired afterwords. My legs felt SOO heavy, my arms hurt, and my throat hurt from the cold air. [​IMG] So I better practice some more because we have a couple home meets and our trail is known to be the hardest in our state. [​IMG] I've run it before and it has a lot of hills. [​IMG]

I think my time today was 6 minutes, 41 seconds? Not sure. But overall it was a good start for me for the season. [​IMG]

5. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    I ran back in highschool 20 years ago [​IMG] I loved doing it.

good luck with your running.

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I used to do cross country in high school. Our races were 3.21 miles long.

I wasn't the best runner on my team, but I learned a lot about being mentally strong in terms of pushing oneself physically. Cross country is an awesome sport.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by