Cross or no?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CSYohman, Oct 15, 2012.

1. CSYohman

CSYohman Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2012
    Don't know if you can see the one on the right or not....but wondering if both of these are crosses or no? The breeds confuse me![​IMG]

2. Y N dottes

Y N dottes Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    South Central WI
    The white one is probably a cross, and the one on the right loos like some kind of game chicken, not sure if its a cross though

3. CSYohman

Oct 8, 2012
    They are about 5 months old from what I've been told. One on left is definitely a roo, not sure about the one on the right, thinking it might be a hen....

4. CSYohman

Oct 8, 2012
    Wondering if he's not part Wyandotte?

5. Y N dottes

Sep 1, 2012
    South Central WI
    the coloring is similar to a silver laced wyndotte, but the comb is wrong....that would probably mean its a cross

6. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Both roos. The one on the right looks to have BBR coloration that can come from several breeds. He's still young and hasn't come fully into his coloration and probably isn't done growing yet. Try to get a broadside picture of him standing naturally so we can see wing/tail carriage, stance, build, etc.

The other one I would guess is a silver Sebright/Cochin cross based on his coloration, build, stance, wing carriage, funky "single" comb, partially feathered legs, and hen feathering.

7. CSYohman

Oct 8, 2012
    I'll get a picture of him in the morning, I was told he was a roo too, but haven't heard him crow yet, while the other one has been crowing away. They are both from the same farm, and both around 5 months old, so I'll be interested to see how their coloration changes as they get bigger.

8. CSYohman

Oct 8, 2012
    Here's some more pictures of the little one on the right: Roo or no?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Y N dottes

Sep 1, 2012
    South Central WI
    I think its a roo, but not sure if its cross or not....

10. CSYohman

Oct 8, 2012
    LOL, for some reason, those legs remind me of a roadrunner!! This little thing can run too! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by