cross stitching .......

Quail_Antwerp

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Ohio
*takes deep breath*

I must confess, I think over the last 2 years of being a BYC member, this is very much possibly the very first time I've ventured into the hobby section....

hide.gif

My only "Crafty" hobby is cross stitching. I'll take some pics of some of the things I've worked on later this evening. In the meantime, anyone else cross stitch??

I do, and welcome to the hobby section. This might be my favorite section. I am working on care bear cross stitches for my kids and have made some Christmas ornaments. I have a book of really pretty and detailed ones I am considering doing this winter.

I'm working on a farm scene one right now that I'm planning to frame and give to a friend for Christmas this year.

I love realistic type patterns.

I also kind of cheated and bought a lot of cross stitch kits from Jo-Ann's fabrics because they had all the kits marked 50% off.....I have one of some Delaware hens with a roo and one oddball hen. I have another that has golden retriever puppies under a bed. Black Capped chickadees on a quilt hanging on the line. Another with a single rooster that almost resembles a Welsummer roo....One that says Welcome with butterflies and flowers around the word....

I love cross stitching!

A friend on Sufficient Self recently sent me an entire box of cross stitching odds and ends....I was thrilled!!!! It has a couple kits in it, aida cloth, lots of patterns and books with patterns, hoops, etc.

I tend to watch for cross stitch books at yard sales, too, and pick them up when I find them.

When I lived in an apartment, I cross stitched all the time.

Now with a house, ducks and a longarm quilter, I don't have as much time.

I should get back into it. It is a great way to pass the afternoon watching an old movie.

I cross stitch ever since I was a teenager. Now I'm in my mid 40's. I love it but have not done for some time, Lazy me, needs some reading glasses so I can see where I point the needle into the appropriate holes instead of half off stitches. I hate that when it happens.

While I am at it, I do lace bobbins as well.

I am back into cross stitch after about 15 years off. I am not working, now and I am finally adjusted to the reading glasses. Doing names and birthdates for grandchildren. Just finished an alphabet sampler with animals for the last one. I am also getting back into knitting (learning lace) and crochet. Chicken people are the greatest!

I do!
frow.gif
I will have to post some pics when I get a chance. I just finished a project right before Christmas that I have been working on for about 7 years. So glad to have that one done! I haven't done much of it lately though since I found a new love in quilting.

Back
Top Bottom