1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cross your fingers 4 ME

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sharisr32, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    Serama eggs I have two due to hatch next Sunday !! I want a serama egg to hatch so bad these aren't shipped so I got a shot:rolleyes:

2. Sandyki

Sandyki Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2007
    Minnesota
    Good luck Shari!!!!! Fingers crossed for you!

[​IMG]
    Sandy

3. ...XX...
    Fingers crossed [​IMG]

Lisa
    [​IMG]

4. Moodene

Moodene Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Devers, Texas
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX all my fingers and toes along with all my chickens toes..LOL...

5. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Fingers crossed and holding my breath.....

chel

6. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    Ok me to Day 18 --if CindyS is right i have 24 to 48 to go Please let at least one hatch !!!!! I want a little roo ----

7. Fuzzbutt

Fuzzbutt New Egg

Jan 17, 2007
    Good luck with yours Shari. I just candled my 12 and 8 were clear on day 14. Two of the four I have left are questionable so I'm hoping to at least wind up with two. Hatch day is one week from today (next Friday). All were White Serama from Belinda in Arkansas. I think maybe they got scrambled during shipping out here to central Calif.
    I'm using a Homebrew Incubator that I built several years ago. It can hold the Temp at 100 degrees for days on end and I can adjust the humidity very easily by plugging or unplugging 3/4 inch holes. Water pan is 8X8 inches and sits under the platform that supports the Turner. There is a fan also to circulate the air and keep everything constant throughout the Bator.

Just registered on this board today. I'm a newbie here but not not in the art of incubating and hatching chicks. I've been doing it for many years.

Name is John and I live in Lompoc, Ca (right behind Point Conception on the Calif coast)

Looking forward to meeting you nice folks here.

Cheers, John [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  8. Sandyki

Sandyki Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2007
    Minnesota
    Ok Shari! It's Sunday!!!! What's hatching?????

[​IMG]
    Sandy

9. Yaay! It is, isn't it?
    I hope you've broken your 'hatching jinx'.

Lisa

10. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    A big fat 0 on the Serama eggs - sniff but the Partridge silkie eggs hatched --
    so I a 50% egg killer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by