Cross your fingers! :) I have piping

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by farmertank, May 5, 2009.

1. farmertank

farmertank Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    Linden TN
    Ok early this year a co-worker gave my DH 6 coturnix quails(am texas).

Her Dh had bought them to eat, but she refused, so she rehomed them to my DH and me. They were in terrible shape. long beaks and nails, feathers broken and pulled out, one completely blind(rip Herman [​IMG] ) and 2 blind in one eye. They had been fed cracked corn only and didn't know what to do with having water everytime they looked for it. Well after little Herman died I ended up with 2 females and 3 boys. I put them on game feed and water with treats of crickets and catfood ay least twice a week. They had a nice molt and there nails and beak wore down. They look so healthy and happy now they sing all the time and I'm just so happy to see them with a little sparkle in their eyes. Then about 18 days ago I got an egg [​IMG] I was so excited they had been through so much I felt this was a big sign that they were on a healthy track. I wasn't going to incubate the eggs, but I was getting one everyday, they were breeding and my DH really wanted me to. So I'm on day 15 with 8 eggs.

One is wiggling! [​IMG] Please oh please let me hatch out these little jewels. I'm so excited send good vibes my way.

Julie

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

fingers crossed! come on babies

3. lagpmgdsls

lagpmgdsls Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    I remember seeing my first wiggle! How exciting! Keep up informed.

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    AWHHH wonderful story!!!! ANNNDD sounds like youre going to get a very wonderful reward for it! [​IMG]

5. farmertank

Apr 28, 2007
    Linden TN
    Still nothing [​IMG] I now have 2 eggs wiggiling, but no pip and no babies yet. Humidity is good and so is temp. so I'm just hoping they are taking their time. [​IMG] The wait is killing me. I'm glad I go to work at noon and work late today lol otherwise there would be a worn path to the incubator and back.

I think they are teasing me [​IMG]

Julie

6. bkvail

bkvail Chillin' With My Peeps

a lot of mine ''wiggled'' for more than 24 hours - it will be soon that they hatch I bet!

7. HobokenChickenEmergency

HobokenChickenEmergency Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Evansville
    Mine wiggled for 2 whole days before they hatched. I thought I'd go crazy! I think they're positioning themselves for pipping.

8. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:I dont watch for wiggles anymore jus tbecause i hatch so much now that i'd ALWAYS have to be glued to the incubator lol... but anywho when i did used ot watch, they'd wiggle the day i stopped turning (just minutes later) and then hatch on day 18 LOL

9. farmertank

Apr 28, 2007
    Linden TN
    I got a pip [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I really need to go to bed lol. I have to be up and at work real early. I hope I wake up to a little one.

will post pics as soon as one hatches.
    Julie

10. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:*squeee* i bet you will [​IMG]

IF you dont, please dont be upset it will come out eventually! LOL! normally after a pip though they come out soona fter [​IMG] GO TO SLEEP! LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by