1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cross Your Fingers

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by vfem, Aug 27, 2008.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    We've had LOTS of storms today, and we're under another storm warning now. I'm supposed to go pick up 2 new silkies today long as the weather clears up. This looks like it may be our last storm and hopefully will pass in the hour. I'm just so impatient!!! I don't want to wait a few more days.

I also want to get a good pick. He's only got a couple black silkie hens left. [​IMG]

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    My fingers and toes are crossed that you can go get your Silkies today! [​IMG]

3. dogzrule5

dogzrule5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Sanford, NC
    Hey vfem,

Where are you getting your silkies? I live in Sanford and my daughter lives in FV. I'm up that way fairly frequently!
    Phyllis

4. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Hi,
    I got them from Willow Springs / Raleigh / Garner area. Its the weird junction area off of HWY 42 (centered between FV and Clayton). He's got several more blacks and white for $10 a pair. They need to be hand tamed a bit, but they are only about 4-5 months old, and mine are breaking fairly well already.

I'll PM you his phone number.

5. krjwaj

krjwaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Apex, NC
    Careful driving and Good Luck. I am in Morrisville now and it looks clear. Post pics when you can! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by