Crossbeak / scissor beak chick šŸ£

Aww, I'm so sorry for your loss <3. He sounded wonderful. Did you ever give him oatmeal? Crossbeaks love it because it sticks to their beak so they can eat it better.
No, I never tried that, but good advice for the future. He was one of my first attempt at having chickens (and COVID therapy/self-care) and I remember looking at his beak and looked it up. I read that some cull their chicks with crossed beak-no way!! My chickens are my pets- AND they just happen to lay eggs! Thanks for offering your advice-very appreciative! I love to read this website, enjoy the community and passion we all share, and learn so much.

No, I never tried that, but good advice for the future. He was one of my first attempt at having chickens (and COVID therapy/self-care) and I remember looking at his beak and looked it up. I read that some cull their chicks with crossed beak-no way!! My chickens are my pets- AND they just happen to lay eggs! Thanks for offering your advice-very appreciative! I love to read this website, enjoy the community and passion we all share, and learn so much.
Yeah, I believe in giving chickens with disabilities a chance if they aren't suffering. Thin Mint (the chicken in my avatar) is my crossbeak and she lays eggs and she actually went broody and hatched out 6 duck eggs that we put underneath her. She was the best mom to them. Thin Mint is the lead hen in the little flock of 12 that have decided that our barn is their home. We have over 50 chickens that are all well-loved pets <3

Back
Top Bottom