Crossbreed Turkeys?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by wolfie115, May 21, 2012.

1. wolfie115

wolfie115 In the Brooder

Oct 12, 2011
    So today my little Blue Palm hen hatched her first poult. The daddy is one of our Narragansett toms and I'm excited to see how they end up looking. So I was curious, does anyone else on here have crossbreed turkeys? I'd love to see some pictures. =3

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Free Ranging

Feb 2, 2009
    Southeast Louisiana
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are 4-1/2 week olds from a Narragansett Tom and a Midget white hen. They should be sex links but I don't think the Midget White is pure, so I am not convinced they are truly sex links.

The Narragansett gene is sex linked. If yours are pure breeds then yours are probably sex links.

Good luck!

3. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Crowing

Jan 12, 2010
    I have a few Royal / Broad Breasted whites... waiting to see how they turn out, no picts they're just little poults right now.

4. wolfie115

wolfie115 In the Brooder

Oct 12, 2011
    Those are really pretty! 8D The hen hatched 4 eggs total, which is what I expected to hatch considering the other eggs were laid later on. But those are in the incubator now. She's got two that are darker and two lighter. They all have a similar pattern though, just varying slightly in color. The Narragansett's I believe are pure but my blue palm may not be. The people we got her from had a bunch of other different breeds along with her so I can't be 100% certain.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: