Crossed fingers

WafflesNTimmy

In the Brooder
Jan 26, 2016
I'm hoping to have a house duck, is it possible to steal away a duckling from my other hens and keep it inside? My current ducks HATE harnesses and diapers, if I conditioned this duckling to wear one from the beginning it should work right? The other ducks I know would LOVE to have a walk in the woods, but they aren't safe without a leash. Is there any way I can get adult ducks to wear something like that?

It depends on the duck really, some take to diapers better than others. My house duck loves coming inside and cuddling on the couch but he hates his diaper. I'm not sure if you start them with them from being a duckling but I think it would help them with it. If you took a duckling after it hatches it would probably from a bond with you and not really care to much about not being with other ducks but it depends if you can stand taking the mothers baby away.

You should probably get a duckling, so it can imprint on you. The ducks you have ouside are already used to the outdoors, so I wouldn't take her from the rest of the ducks.

Back
Top Bottom