Crossed over from lurker to member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BW56, Oct 7, 2016.

1. BW56

BW56 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2016
    Phoenix Az.
    I've been reading the information for a while on here. Might as well say hello. My name is Bob, and I MAY have a chicken problem. I got five free lovely ladies 2 B Rocks, 1 RIR, 1 Buff Orfington and a Buff Silkie.The grand kids love them and finding eggs. Even my wife has learned to love them. After a year and a half I got some fertle Lemon Cuckoo Niederrheiner eggs to make the Silkie a happy mom. Although it appears only one of seven eggs hatched, she is showing herself to be an excellent mother. Its been four days since the first chick hatched. Can I expect any more to hatch? She still sits on them while showing her chick how to be a chicken. Things she has never done before. Thanks and I loved the thread on mushrooms.I'll be following that one also. BW56. My initials and my sons race car number from when we raced.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Bob, and :welcome! Congrats on your move from lurker to member! Happy you are enjoying your chickens. I terms of your questions, I think more info is needed. For instance, how long has she sitting on the eggs? You might post that and other hatching inquires here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs The folks in that forum really know their stuff. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :)

3. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] Glad you joined the flock! My Buff Silkie is also broody but with no eggs. (I am not trusting her with any eggs until next spring [​IMG]) @redsoxs gave you some great advice so I'll just say glad you joined us and have a wonderful time on here! Enjoy! [​IMG]

4. BW56

BW56 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2016
    Phoenix Az.
    Thanks, I'm still learning to navagate this site. SOOO much to read.

5. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    I know! There is always so much to read! [​IMG] I am still learning to navagate it! [​IMG]

6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to Backyard chickens! Glad you joined us! :)

7. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    WELCOME!!!!!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Silkies generally make the best broody mamas. Welcome to Backyard chickens.

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. After four days it's doubtful any more will hatch, luckily the Silkie should be happy even with just one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by