*Crossing fingers!*(long...)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 77horses, Jan 30, 2009.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Well, my dad has an older mini Dachshund named Riley. He's so sweet! We just love having him around. But sadly, we know that he's getting old, so my dad wants to get another mini Dachshund companion. That way Riley has another friend(he has one friend named Nitro, who is our crazy black lab/mix) [​IMG]

So, I've been spending like literally hours looking up Dachshund puppies in our state. Been looking all this week! [​IMG] [​IMG] I find a lot, but either they are not in our state or the cost is waaay out of our league. [​IMG] The lowest I saw was a puppy named Polo, who was being held in Arkansas at a foster home. The cost was $350(this would pay for the shipping to us, vaccinations, etc.) but we decided to look some more. Today was when he was suppose to go to a new home anyway, so we were too late.

So, I went back to searching. I posted a thread on here(in "Everything Else buy, sell, trade...."). No one had any Dachshund puppies, but some helpful people gave me some links to sites that sell Dachshunds, etc.(Thanks!). [​IMG]

FINALLY, after searching and searching AND searching some more(usually coming to the same sites I had visited before!) I found something that looked interesting: "Pawz and Clawz Petz", and it was in our state, several minutes from us. [​IMG] So, I looked at their site, after reading that they were the #1 pet store in New England and that they had over 75 breeds of puppies/dogs to choose from. Amazingly, I saw that they carry Dachshunds there!!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] LOL so I call my dad, put the place's phone number in my contacts, and now I'm hoping that when we go there today(when our dad picks us up), we will see some Dachshund puppies!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm really hoping that they do have some there, and if they do, that they are fair priced(no higher than $300, I'm hoping) [​IMG]

Please pray and hope for us that we will finally find the perfect puppy! [​IMG] [​IMG] My dad has been saving a cute little picnic basket with cloth inside, so if we ever do get a new puppy, he will ride home with us in that. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Thanks for reading!!! I will update you if we do get a puppy when I get back(Sunday or Monday). [​IMG] [​IMG]
    P.S. wow i just noticed how long this was...oops! sorry for chattering so long! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

HOW CUTE!!!! I hope you find one today!

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    all i heard was blah blah blah...dachshund puppy. [​IMG]

weener dog

te he he.

Hope you find a good one!

me,
    g

4. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Good luck in finding one!

And just to say... my dog's name is Nitro too [​IMG]

5. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:[​IMG] lol ya i got done writing and I looked up and was like....whoops... [​IMG]
    thanks everyone! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Doxies are great arent they!

7. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:Yea we just love our mini wiener dog! He loves to climb in our dad's chair and sit with him, and he's soo cute! he's about 8+ years old now. My dad and him are like insuperable. [​IMG] My dad says that it will be hard when Riley passes away. [​IMG] He got Riley as a tiny tiny puppy, and he has been almost everywhere with him since then. [​IMG]
    But anyway, thanks!

8. catsni

catsni New Egg

Mar 2, 2008
    Hey gal,
    If you are not set on a puppy, try one of the rescues for Doxies,
    they relly need a home and some are relly sweet.
    catsni:[​IMG][​IMG]

9. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    We have two doxies a full size and a minature. My avatar is my minnie his name is boecephus. Doxies just have sooo much character. Please post pics when you get a baby.

10. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:Ya! I will indeed! Just keep an eye out for a thread that says, "YAY! We got a new Dachshund puppy!*PICS!!!*" lol [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by