Crossing Polish of different Colors

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Deryk, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Deryk

Deryk Chirping

Jun 12, 2017
    Middle Tennessee
    So I started with a white crested black polish rooster and a red polish hen, purely by happenstance. The offspring are beautiful with a rooster as my avatar.

The second generation were then bred and the chicks hatched Easter weekend. I am amazed at the variety of colors in this chicks at this young age. With parents with virtually no white feathering on the body several of these are going to have a lot of white, while there are couple that have feathering that I can best describe as a tan and brown with black highlighting. I looked and couldn't find any information on polish crosses other than with other breeds completely.

Does anyone have any polish cross experience or pictures to share?

Little Chicken Girl likes this.
  2. AWESOME V1.jpg

Way cool! I have not bred polishes (as of yet) but have some and am a huge fan of the breed. :) The red and black looks gorgeous. Sounds like the later generation crossings look somthing similar to tolbunt?

3. Deryk

Deryk Chirping

Jun 12, 2017
    Middle Tennessee
    Way too young to get an idea of what they will look like but I will try and get some pictures today. There are basically 3 different color patterns emerging (they are only a week old) and there was a fourth color but there was only one chick and it died I am guessing from being smothered by the pile.

4. Deryk

Deryk Chirping

Jun 12, 2017
    Middle Tennessee
    Here are 2 of the varieties. The other one looks like the black one but has white wing tips. didn't get a picture of it.

Attached Files:

Little Chicken Girl likes this.
  5. I have a polish rooster, Did have 2 but...RIP my beautiful roo! Crazy wonderful polish chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: