Crossing Tex AM with Jumbo Brown

YES

YOU WILL GET MOSTLY BROWNS AS THATS DOMINANT, MANY OF THE PROGENY WILL BE SPLITS AND IF BRED TO OTHER SPLITS MAY RESULT IN PIED OR WHITE BIRDS

Really tough to answer without knowin' actual sizes or weights of both birds. My Jumbo browns will blow 99% of what people are callin' Texas(cough)A&M's out of the water.

Jumbo Browns tend to slightly bigger than Jumbo White/A and M. You can cross them together to produce a bigger white bird if that is your goal.

I crossed my biggest white birds with my biggest brown birds. most of these original birds were weighed from hatch to breeding. I only hatched eggs over 14 grams.

out of 40 chicks 38 were brown and 2 were gold.

I kept the 2 largest chicks that were both over 10 oz at 6 weeks, they were (splits) 50/50 Br/wh

I bred them and I am stagger hatching their eggs, as of right now I have close to 20 chicks. a simple punnett square showed I should get 25% white

Out of my first eggs I got several whites. I expect the whites to be as large as the browns from this hatch.

I will be weighing them and posting weights on a thread.

Bump this post back to life. I just hatced, or they are still hatching a batch of quail. Two brown females with a white "A&M" male, some of the chicks came out light colored with the racing stripes, the rest just normal brown with stripes. None of them came out looking like typical a & m chicks (yellow with dark spots) i will post pic on Sunday when I get home. Found it interesting.

ok here are the pictures, sorry for the red tint...they are still on heat.

Back
Top Bottom