Crow chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Jewels1935, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Jewels1935

Jewels1935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    They're 3 weeks 1 day and look like crows [​IMG] Mom is silkie, dad is a Birchen Cooper Maran. I have 1 def. boy..he's bigger and has a big bright red comb already! The others dont..here they are..little crows! lol

Sorry for the blurry photos [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ukiah

Ukiah Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    AL
    Wow, they do look like crows! Mine always remind me of vultures at this age. [​IMG]

The sure are cute though...

3. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

awwww cute!!! [​IMG]

4. Jewels1935

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    Quote:When does this stage end? The ugly duckling stage that is..in the meantime, I'll sit back and enjoy them [​IMG]

5. Jewels1935

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    Quote:Thanks! I love their tails most...looks like they'll be silkie feathers growing there [​IMG] Even the feet are cute:)

6. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

I raised a crow. I assure you, these do NOT look like crows!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, chickens often stay ugly for WEEKS! [​IMG] But I am REALLY curious to see what your babies look like as they older. Keep us posted!!!

7. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

they actully look smaller to some black birds i raised lol. all except there adorable feathered feet. keep us posted!! i wanna see what they look like when there older

8. Jewels1935

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    Quote:I raised a starling once...little booger loved me so much! It was hard releasing him, he kept coming back [​IMG] I think those birds migrate..so I wanted to be sure he left..

Yeah, their ugly phase is cute..neat to watch all the feathers come in, and change before your eyes!

I'll def. keep posting every few weeks, I'm curious too! I know one is a def. roo..so can't wait for him to mature:)

9. Jewels1935

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    Quote:Will do! Yes, their feet are too much [​IMG] They have dads huge feet, and moms feathered toes. Their dad has feathers on his feet too though. So maybe they'll be extra fuzzy on the toes.

10. Ukiah

Ukiah Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    AL
    Quote:When does this stage end? The ugly duckling stage that is..in the meantime, I'll sit back and enjoy them [​IMG]

It varies. Whenever they get all their 'big kid' feathers in. The scruffy look is caused by all the new feathers
    growing in. Yea, enjoy them while they're like this. They won't be innocent and cuddly for long [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by