Crow With (Possibly) Broken Pelvis?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cochinGurl, Aug 25, 2013.

1. cochinGurl

cochinGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    bellingham
    I have a wounded crow that I found on the side of the road yesterday. It has its legs sticking out behind it and cant walk or fly. The rescue facility says it sounds like a pelvis fracture. He is very alert, eating well and pooping. Has anyone here had experience with pelvic fractures, or something that sounds like this have any ideas? Thanks!

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  3. War Chicken

War Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2011
    Have you tried to find a wildlife rehabilitation place that will take him? Not all of them are listed on the 'net but local vet offices have their contact info because they often the first to get called about injured wildlife.

4. barnaclebob

barnaclebob Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    Its a crow for god sakes not a California condor, put it down.

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I have a baby possum that my cats caught and I have just finished caring for it, I guess you would have said the same for it?

-Kathy

6. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Just because a bird isn't endangered doesn't mean you shouldn't try and save it.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  7. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

http://www.cockatiel.org/articles/firstaid.html the best thing for you to do might be to bring the crow to an avain vet.

8. barnaclebob

barnaclebob Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    It depends what condition it was in and how much pain it looked like it was in. Just because an animal can be saved doesn't mean it should be if it causes a great deal of pain, fear, and stress on the animal.

9. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    It had a small wound and it looked a little neurological to me. Of course it had to be bottle fed and stimulated to pee and poo.

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by