Crowing Hen(s) solved...now, how 'bout the other two?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by saylernsaxonsmom, Aug 8, 2010.

1. saylernsaxonsmom

saylernsaxonsmom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2010
    Petersburg
    Well, now I'm terrified about the other two girls I purchased from the same lady...I'm already confused about the EE vs. Americauna breeds. What do I have here? BPR are roosters, but what of the other two?
    Thanks for helping a newbie...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    The one in front and the one in back look like EE's to me. EE's are basically colored egg laying chicken mutts. I have seen some really pretty colored ones on here. Ameraucana's are pure bred and you pretty much have to go to a breeder to get them. Hatchery stock is going to be EE's not Ameracauna. Ameraucana's will have slate colored legs and will lay blue or green eggs. As far as sex is concerned, they look like two hens to me but I am a newbie so take my guess for what it is. From what I understand, EE's can be hard to sex until you have a crow or an egg. [​IMG]

3. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Easter Eggers are girls

4. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:x2

5. saylernsaxonsmom

saylernsaxonsmom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2010
    Petersburg
    I'm sooooo hoping that my luck will change and that Ill have two females on my hands! All four were purchased at 6+ weeks old as females. Well, the BPR are roosters (thanks for the help, ya'll!) and now I question the EEs.

What can I expect from having multiple roosters together? Will they fight in all instances? New to this, so any insight will be helpful...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by