Crowing Roosters

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by mstricer, Aug 23, 2010.

1. mstricer

mstricer Crowing

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Which roosters are the most annoying roosters and least annoying roosters you own?
    At the present it would be my Splash Marans winning the award for most annoying and least would be my Faverolle Roo.
    I just re-homed a Spitzenhauben who topped it off due to his annoying crow. The devil EE roo with the almost red eyes, crowed relentlessly all day and all night. He is no longer with us.
    All the information should help people on what breeds they diffidently don't want to own.

2. Lifetime chicken lover

Lifetime chicken lover Songster

Jun 26, 2009
    Rogers, MN
    I recently got a blue silky and he only crows in the early morning hours- I've NEVER heard him crow during the day....yet. But I've only had him for a few weeks and he's still young. So who knows. My bantum cochin used to crow on and off all day...but it was a sweet little quiet crow so it didn't bother me....although he often crowed right outside my neighbor's window (who works nights) so that might explain his sudden disappearance a few weeks ago.(just kidding, I know it was the foxes, but maybe he's a fox whisperer and called them to come out and get him [​IMG])

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by