Crowing six week old! **ADDED- Pic of the offender!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CarriBrown, Dec 26, 2007.

1. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I have two six week olds and one four week old in the house. This morning, I heard some awful sound... I thought something was dying in the attic! But, nope, it was just six week old Drumstick crowing his little heart out! It's too cold to throw them outside, so I don't know if I should laugh or cry! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    maybe a mixture of both laugh/cry. I have the same problem because the coop is half built. I have to deal with the crowing for now.

3. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yep, it's just way too funny to hear the young ones thinking they are big stuff. They try hard and will improve with every go at it! [​IMG]

bigzio

4. CarriBrown

Well, he sounds like a dying rat! Here he is in all his glory...

[​IMG]

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

What a cutie!!!
    My Jerry sounded like the meeting of a rubber duckie and a cement mixer when he first started.

6. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    He is soo cute!!! What kind of chicken is he?? We have a couple polish roos in the garage and they are LOUD crowers!! I feel for ya [​IMG]

7. CarriBrown

So, my new favorite thing is to play clips of roosters crowing on YouTube. That really gets Drumstick going! [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

He looks alot like that Cochin/Silkie x Barred Rock cockerel that was the brother to the PoufyHead Sisters. Just like a Barred Rock, but with his cute little pouf.

9. CarriBrown

Quote:This is one of the little guys I got from Animal123Animal when my little Noodle was abandoned by Gwen. I thought he said this one was silkie x turken. I know he didn't say BR. I emailed him to find out exactly what Drumstick is but haven't heard back yet.
    All I know is Drumstick is HUGE and he loves to be vocal!

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

He is quite a chunky boy! Remember mine here? This one doesn't have the mass that your Drumstick does, though!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by