Cruel people/ dumped kittens

Alleyoops25

Songster
12 Years
May 14, 2007
Colorado
Well my duaghter just packed in three kittens. They were all out in the road by our house. they are about 4 weeks old. Aand this isnt thefirst time this has happend. We already have two kittens, well half grown cats now, that we found in our wood pile this last spring. nd then one more was found at my nieghbors house. I had to rescue it because my neighbors were going to kill it. fortunatly our friends took that one. But these poor kittens aint even old enough to be away from mom yet and here they are stuck in the road in a sack . :thun I am so mad right now. I called animal control and told them about these kittens and they told me that when if I brough them in they would put them to sleep because they are to young and they didnt have the time to take careof them. So I volunteered to take care of them until they were old enough to get a home. These little guys had goop in their eyes,and while cleaning them out,I realized that one had infection in its eye long enough that is now totally blind. So I am afraid they are going to have to put it down:hit It is times like this that makes me hateful of my own species. This is aweful, I dont want these babies to die, but man I am so busy withsomany otherthings right now, and didn't need to deal with this on top of every thing. I would love to get a hold of the jerk that is doing this and then stuff him/her in a sack and toss them out on to a road or in to a river. Why do people think they have to do this. I mean I am not one to be agianst hunting or even butchering out chickens and other live stock . But for some one to take and leave kittens or puppies tide up in a sack is just plian cruel. I really wish I could have helped the one before it went totally blind. It is a beautiful kitty, and would have made a gorgeous cat. But no some jerk neglected them and then left them for dead.
idunno.gif
I honestly dont know if I can handle trying to raise kittens on a bottle, and then deal with the other things in my life to right now. But at the same time I just can't think of sending the healthy kittens to die either. And if I knew some one who wouldnt mind having a handicapped blind cat I would deffinatly give him to them. These kittens have to be related to the others we found they all have about the same colors and markings. So that means the same moron keeps tossing cats out here, and instead of getting their cats fixed they just keep tossing kittens out. Like I said if I catch this guy I am going to have his hide, and I will be on the look out for him, this has happend way to often.
puppypics031.jpg
puppypics032.jpg
puppypics033.jpg
The one in the second picture is the one thats Blind. The others are fine aside from not liking the bottle I am using on them. I guess it's not hairy enough or some thing.

alleyoops25

the one kitten may not be blind. I have had kittens get this when there eyes just opened, I know you may not want a vet bill on them, but there is a medicine( i can't think of the name of it) it comes in a tube and looks sortof like neosporin. anyways you put this in there eyes once a day for about a week or two and it clears there eyes up. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it. I wish you luck and I think you are a great person to keep them until they are old enough to be adopted.

also if you can give them a little warm honey in their milk, it will help. oh and I know this sounds wierd, but they will drink from the bottle better if somthing viberates like a cell phone while they are nursing. momma cats always purr when nursing. I have ALOT of experience with motherless kittens.

Julie

awww....poor wittle babies!! It is horrible what people do to pets! I got my very first cat as a kid, when my uncle happened across a bag tossed in our pond, it was full of kittens!! We kept one of the kitties, and re-homed the rest once they were old enough. Amazingly enough, non drowned!

sad.png
:mad: people do that all the time out here.the last 3 cats I have owned came from trees,scared out of their minds........countless dogs dropped off here..I cant keep them all....my one neighbor up the road a bit has 14 ,all dropped off.he cant take them in, so I take mine their first,then if no.I take them to shelter.I have worked at shelters where we had to put to sleep so many starving, 1/2 dead animals from drop offs........its horrible.....but a better option that dumping these poor little things........hope they do not rest at night.....stinkin people sometimes ! I wish you luck,they will be some of the friendliest kittens around.....I once saved 6 pit bull pups by having my siamese cat nurse them........wish I still had that picture !

FarmerTank I hope you are right, but I am not getting my hopes up. This little guys eyes are solid grayish/silver all the way acrossed, I dont see how it would clear up. Tomarrow I am supposed to take them to the shelter to see if the vet they have there can give me anything to help it. These guys all have a hardy appetite, they are now trying to growl as they suck on the nipple as if I am going to ake it from them.Hey do you think I should register for a secret swap? I could send you all kittens!!!LOL!
lau.gif
Just kidding but I could see how happy you guys wouldnt be when a basket of kittens show up on your door step!!!:gigOf coarse if I did that I would probably get 8 or 9 of them in return. Ah well, I think I am stuck playing mommy to these guys for a few weeks. But hey anyone out there wants a kitten, let me know I have a few to spare around here, and I am sure this wont be the last batch that gets dumped out here.

Alley, I would try dipping their little noses in a dish of milk, they should take to it rather quickly??? I never had much luck with getting little ones to take a bottle either. I just brought home four kittens that someone had dumped at the feed store I go to. HTH

Awwww, poor babies, that second one looks just like a tomcat that showed up at my house and decided to stay.

Last edited:
If I ever get my housing situation stablized I would take it. Hopefully you can find someone closer to you, keep me in mind thou. The next coming month will tell me if I am homeless (literally) or buying an organic farm. Amazing how bumpy the ride of life is....

Bubba

I wish I lived closer or the other way around I have 5 week old kittens now. They are eating kitten food and drinking water and milk from a bowl. They still drink from mom but not often. I think if you try and place come kitten food in a mix of warm milk they should start to take it. I also had a kitten I thought was blind, but turned out she was just slower at her eyes clearing to see.

On anther note I also have one more female to have kittens anytime. I wish I could take them off your hands and mix them with mine. mabey if some close to you has a kat that has had kittens and is still feeding them mabey (just mabey) the momma would feed them too.

GOOD LUCK
fl.gif

So very cruel, tie them up in a bag. At least have the kindness of a box with a note on it. We have had a rash of that happening around here, seems all the shelters are so full and will not take anymore cats or kittens. People end up doing the same thing, abandoment in it's crulest form. There was one on the news, he got out of his car and then threw them in a bag off a low lying bridge. Some teenages were fishing and saw him, they jumped into the water to see what it was and lo and behold, a mother cat and her kittens. Makes me sick just to think of it.
Alloop hopefully the shelter will be able to help you in some way.

They look a little younger than 4 weeks old. Could be from malnutrition. I wish this idiot had atleast dumped the momma cat with them so you could rehome her while she nursed her babies some more. Then they wouldn't have anymore babies to dump on you.

We take in strays alot! Rehome to friends and family. Actually have people who call me before adopting a cat or dog to make sure I don't have any to give away! LOL!

I agree with a previous poster. Try putting their milk in a dish and then push their face into it. (like we do with our chicky babies and their water dishes for the first time!) If the baby is old enough it will like it's face for a second and then dive into the milk. You can then slowly thicken the warmed milk with kitten food that has been throughly soaked and starting to fall apart. Slowly add more and more kitten food over the next week or two.

Also if they are not pottying often you may need to take a warm wet rag and wipe their bottoms. It will stimulate them to go.

I take care of newborns on up! If you have any questions feel free to email me!

Back
Top Bottom