Crumbles or Pellets

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
Which do you prefer to feed your chickens? I have tried both and they seem to like either. Pellets are less waste but crumbles look to be easier to digest. Any advice?

I feed pellets to my white leg horns and crumbles to my bantams. The bantams waste some of the crumbles but have a hard time eating the pellets.

I doubt one is better than the other. None of them go hungry.

Darin

What Elderoo said...usually the mill by me has crumble/mash/flakes or whatever they want to call it from day to day is cheaperer than REGULAR (as they say) feed.....the boids love it and have never complained.

Course walking by with a hatchet and their feed bucket may have influenced them (I was trimming branches)
roll.png

Course walking by with a hatchet and their feed bucket may have influenced them (I was trimming branches)

I love it! Welcome aborad, Finn!​

All my bantams, including silkies, dutch, and modern game bird eat pellets with no problem at all. Always have, probably always will. They waste practically none at all. It takes less to fill them an the bag lasts longer.

I think when it comes to the laying mash that I will getthe pellets, due to the fact of less waste. Plus my birds have started free ranging all day so that will help alot.

Back
Top Bottom