Crumbles vs pellets.

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by esteele, Jun 26, 2011.

1. esteele

esteele New Egg

Jun 26, 2011
    I have been using Dumore crumbles, accidentally bought Dumore pellets. They won't eat it. Don't want to waste 50lb bag! What to do?

2. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    Well, you could see if you could exchange it. I had the same problem my girls hate pellets! And I have a whole bag of pellets that are just sitting around because nobody likes them, LOL

3. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    They will eat it, they just aren't used to it yet and think you are trying to poison them. As soon as they are hungry enough to try it and realize it is food your problems will be solved. If it makes you feel better you can get a bag of the crumbles and mix it.

4. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I've switched mine several times between pellets and crumbles. If they get hungry, they'll eat it. Sometimes chickens hesitate to try something new, but once "Mikey" decides he likes it, they'll go for it! Welcome to BYC.

5. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    I treat my chickens like I was raised, eat the food I put in front of you or wait until the next meal. After a few missed meals there were no "picky" eaters in our house, and my chickens aren't pickey at all they eat everything I put out for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by