CRUMMY NEWS!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by skeeter9, Dec 26, 2007.

1. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, the little Serama chick wouldn't eat, so he/she didn't make it. He was doing great at day 3, then when I went to get him on the morning of day 4 he was kinda weak. I hadn't seen him eat anything, and I couldn't get him to peck at anything, so I figured he was needing nourishment. I tried everything I could, but he just wouldn't eat, so he died the next day. Darn It!!!!![​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm sorry, Lori! Sometimes they just dont thrive and we never know why exactly. Bummer. [​IMG]

3. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

skeeter, i am sorry for the loss, he was a nice looking little bird. if you want to give it another try, i will send you some eggs again.. don't be discouraged..

frank

4. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    skeeter...........sorry about the little guy/gal. Even human children are sometimes diaginosed with "failure to thrive"....it's a combination of not eatting and when they do eat, for some unknown reason, their bodies do not digest/process food as it should.
    It's stiil upsetting to lose a chick and i'm sorry for the loss.

5. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Sorry for the loss! It's always sad to lose an animal much less a baby.

6. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    AWWWW!!! The best we can do is try.. we know you gave it your all.. some things are not meant to be.. I am positive your next hatch will be amazing [​IMG] think of all you have learned.
    Denna

7. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for the kind words, guys!!! It sure makes you feel awful to have a life in your hands, then have it fade away. You're right, Denna, I think I'm due for a super hatch!!! I'll probably try again toward the end of Feb or early March, so look out!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by