Crushed boxes of eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ozark hen, Mar 28, 2009.

1. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    does anyone else have a problem with receiving shipped egg boxes that are damaged from the post office? I am quite frustrated in receiving damaged boxes that come from the east coast. I did get one box today, from South Carolina, that was perfect...so far. I pray I get no other crushed boxes. It didn't seem to matter what was written on the outside of the box. The box of eggs were always...WITHOUT EXCEPTION, wrapped beautifully and very snug. it was like some worker in shipping decided to try to do all they could to ruin the eggs inside and were succeeding. Outside of today's eggs, it was only the boxes that came from the eastern United States. I could get eggs from within my state or any other direction and they would be fine. Am I the only one?

2. bradybrady09

bradybrady09 BANNED

Mar 19, 2009
    Vermont
    No your not the only one i have some shipped to vermont from Tenn and when the box got here it was a total mess there were 36 eggs shipped to me and only 7 of them were good! i was sooo mad its like these people dont understand we spend our hard earned money on these things and its a joke to them im not usually a mean person but if i ever saw someone messing with my egg babies i think that may change real fast.

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I find it does more harm than good to have "fragile" or "eggs" written on the outside. Its like telling a 2 yr old NOT to do something, when you know he's going to do it anyway...

4. bradybrady09

bradybrady09 BANNED

Mar 19, 2009
    Vermont
    AMEN!

5. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Quote:The last crushed box that I received from the east coast ...I suggested that nothing be written on the outside of the box and it was the box in the worst condition I have ever received. I take that as my fault for not having the seller write Fragile on the box. I might note that the seller replaced these eggs AT HER OWN EXPENSE three times. Now if I were in her shoes I would be suspicious, thinking it was my fault. Believe me I have felt a lot of guilt over these eggs not hatching. You cannot expect to find wonderful people shipping you eggs over and over due to post office playing soccer or whatever with the boxes of eggs. I take pics of the damaged boxes. Sometimes it is the yolk that has been scrambled, it just gets very frustrating. They were all wrapped very, very well. My local postmistress gets upset over the boxed being damaged as well and says she wishes there was a way to fine whoever is doing this.

6. Oklahoma Lightning

Oklahoma Lightning Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Twin Oaks
    Ok, now I feel better.
    Last Friday, I received a box of scrambled eggs that was pack right and they came from the East Coast. This Friday I got a box from Ky and it was perfect. So, now we seeing a pattern and it not the shippers fault. [​IMG]

7. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Quote:You are so right, in NO WAY is it the shipper's fault

8. Oklahoma Lightning

Oklahoma Lightning Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Twin Oaks
    Oh and the eggs are moving West because you in Mo and I am OK

9. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Of the 10 eggs I ordered 3 were crushed, and 5 had detached air cells!!! [​IMG]

P.s the 2 with pulled back membranes are 8 days old and growing.(I chucked the other 7 yesterday evening.) [​IMG]

10. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    I got two boxes, one from TN and one from IN. They took 7 and 8 days to arrive, and one was crushed. I took out four broken eggs, three more started seeping the first day in the incubator, and now I am down to three. I don't know if they are OK or not, they are due on tuesday.

I have eight in there from the other box. They all look so different from the ones i have candled before. They are runny inside, but I know that one I opened had been growing, and they look like they have something in them.... [​IMG]

I have some coming from FL soon... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by