Crushed eggs expire?

Chribroo

In the Brooder
Jan 28, 2017
Michigan
I was wondering the best way to clean and crush the eggs ? And how long eggs shells can store?
Also you only feed crushed eggs after they first or during first molt right?

Last edited:
Are you talking about crushed egg shells, or are you talking about crushed EGGS??? I simply let the shells dry, toss them into the run, and stomp them with my foot. When they start laying, you can give the egg shells to your birds year round. If you only have chicks, your egg shells can go in your garden or in your compost.

I keep egg shells for a week or so, then I microwave them for 35 seconds just to make sure they are good and dry , crush and feed them all the time . I add them to my container of crushed oyster shells , they get eaten in a few days .

Are you talking about crushed egg shells, or are you talking about crushed EGGS???  I simply let the shells dry, toss them into the run, and stomp them with my foot.  When they start laying, you can give the egg shells to your birds year round.  If you only have chicks, your egg shells can go in your garden or in your compost.  

I have a small bucket for table scraps. Egg shells get crushed and put in there. The bucket is emptied in the run every morning. I dont bother cooking or cleaning them.

I was raised with chickens and I do as we always did just save the eggs and scraps from the table even coffee grounds out to the coop they go about every other day they will eat what they want the rest is scratched into the ground makes with the rest that is deposited on the ground from the birds into some of the best ground to grow them some grass i have two runs that way I can let the grass seeds start growing making a great snack for the birds

Back
Top Bottom