*cry* My babies are getting feathers :(

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by shelleyd2008, Dec 31, 2008.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have 2 week-old pekin babies I hatched from JMajors eggs. They are starting to get feathers on their itty-bitty booties! [​IMG] My babies are growing up! [​IMG]

2. Ferngully

Ferngully Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    N.E. Florida
    aaawwwww.... Time to hatch more maybe. Maybe some pics of then and now will help.

3. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have another egg from Jenny in the bator (had 7, bator died and killed all but 1) plus I have 13 cayuga duck eggs in there, and all are due around the 10th of next month. Here's a brand new baby pic of them

New babies...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And new pics, one week old....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And booty feather pics....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

AWWWW...they grow up so fast....[​IMG]

5. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    I went through the same thing when my Red Stars began getting their adult feathers. The tails and tips of the wings started first [​IMG]
    Now they are 10 weeks old and fully feathered and pretty but I do miss there little fluffy butts.

Your babies are so cute!!!!

6. Well heck, It is time to get em a IPOD a car,insurance and a gas card !! Don't worry, when they get to a certain age they will think you know something again.

7. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    They are just the cutest things! The one that is staring at the camera must be a girl, cause she is always giving me the stink eye! The other one has an itty bitty black spot on its back, and I was told that probably means it's a male. I hope not, since I already have 2 males and 2 females! I really don't need another male! But they are the sweetest things, but they are so skittish! You would think they would have calmed down some, but they seem to be getting worse!

8. Ferngully

Ferngully Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    N.E. Florida
    ooh they are so cute... I was going to ask about booty pics but thought it might sound bad. Look at those little tiny feathers coming in back there. And they look so cuddly.

9. BackSwampGirl

BackSwampGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    :)Shelley,they are so sweet.I want to love them so bad.I can`t stand it!!!!!!!! If you want them to be gentle just pick them up all the time as much as possible.And they will follow you where ever you go.How are the Caygua eggs.I am having a duck fit.They are so beautiful..Send them to me if you don`t want them,,,,,lol,,,Sandra

10. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:The cayuga eggs are just fine. I had a bator mishap last week, and I lost all but one of the pekin eggs I had. But I still have 13 cayuga eggs going strong! One looks questionable, but I think it is still going, it's just not as 'full' as the others are. They are due to hatch on the 12th, so we'll see! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by